The prepper DIY craze is something that many of us can benefit from. As Americans we have tons of waste. Well, a lot more than just tons. We are some trash making creatures and while we are doing better with recycling, there is a lot we can reuse.
One of the biggest complaints that we hear from the preppers around us is that there is not enough money to buy preps. Well, what about enough money to turn scraps and trash into preps? Do you not think this is possible? There are materials all around us that can be used for preps.
Simply shredded paper and melted crayons can create one of the best fire starters that you are ever going to use! How much paper and how many broken crayons have you tossed in your lifetime? Its all about what we see with our eyes and how we react to it.
In this article, we are going to focus on simple aluminum cans. How many different survival uses can you come up with using those soda and beer cans?
- Soda Can Stove
- Tabs can be used for fish hooks
- The inside of a can be used to reflect light as a signaling mirror
- Cans can be cut and used as shims to open combination locks
- A collection of cut up cans can be hung around a garden to keep deer away
- Similar to a soda can stove you can also create a small torch or lamp with a simple wick
As you can see, there are all sorts of things you can do with simple aluminum cans. The items that we waste each day can offer you training or tools on your preparedness journey. This can make a huge difference.
Do the things that others don’t and it will take you towards prosperity.